Thursday, November 5, 2009

El Vuelo / 4 nov


¡Ya llegué!

So I flew from Palmerston North to Auckland to Fiji to Los Angeles to Panama to Guatemala! In more or less one piece :)

Highlights of the trip:

- seeing Julie and Julia about three times

- having a 'hot breakfast' of four broccoli florets and one half tomato as the vegetarian option (should've taken a picture!)

- making pleasant small talk with a lady beside me on the plane who then asked if i was 'soltera' and then followed with asking for my address so her son can invite me to Ecuador :p

Not so highlightable:

- sitting next to a girl who was clearly not coping with the LA flight and had to go to the bathroom (with her emesis bag) every half an hour

- getting a wee bit jealous of people who seem to cope very well with flying and hop off the plane looking as fresh and put together as when they boarded! I certainly did not manage this (bra ditched in Fiji ;) )

- feeling a little overwhelmed with LA airport - each level is actually like a whole nother builing with roads, cars and buses! Thankfully had 12 hours to find where i needed to be :) I ventured to the visitors help desk to ask where I actually needed to be to check in for my flight. The lady said that I had to clear customs first (which i had done to be able to access the USA and aforementioned help desk) and then asked if I was going to Fiji (where I had arrived from). She then proceeded to find someone else to help when she didn't know the airline I was departing with...phew! Turned out I actually only needed to go up a couple of levels to the departure level, and along to terminal 6 :)

- body feeling a wee bit confused with all of the different time zones! And sleeping on a plane is just not the same as lying on a bed...

I was oh so pleased to see Claudia's familiar face on arrival in Guatemala City!

No comments:

Post a Comment